WineryPOS Update (4.61) available

Robert Peck robert at sugarbushvineyards.ca
Fri Feb 28 15:08:51 EST 2020

Version 4.61 is now available for download and the new iPad version is
available in iTunes.

To check for updates select Help/Check for Updates from the menu bar, and
the download will begin.

On base and sales terminals (or a Remote Terminal in Temporary Sales Mode)
you have to be in admin mode (press F12) to be able to check for updates.

When the download completes, select 'Yes' to start the installation.

   Follow the installer directions.

   You can now restart the WineryPOS application.

It is better to update your base terminal first.  You can leave your remote
terminal(s) running and connected while you update the base terminal.  If
you have anti-virus software running, you may need to verify that the
WineryPOS application is still being allowed through the anti-virus
firewall.  If your remote terminal does not automatically pull the update
from the base terminal, and goes into Temporary Sales mode on start-up, just
check for updates on the remote terminal while in Temporary Sales mode.

Updates in this version:

1)      Semi-integration support.  If you are not using semi-integration -
you really should.  It removes all human error with merchant terminals, and
tips are automatically added back into the POS transaction.

a.       Elavon for Desk/5000 and Move/5000 terminals.  The Move/5000 is a
tri-band wireless terminal (cellular/wifi/Bluetooth).
I am changing all of my terminals (I have 3; 2 corded and one cellular), to
Move/5000 - 2 with just wifi, and one to cellular+wifi.  If you want contact
info for Elavon, I can provide it for you.  The money you save in time is
worth the move to semi-integration.

b.      Semi-integration looks to be a non-starter with Chase.  I am getting
no response from them.  I am no longer going to bang my head on that wall.

c.       Sales Summary dialogs: for semi-integrated transactions the Payment
will be coloured a light-orange to indicate that it is crystallized.  When
looking for transactions with payment errors, they can now be visually
skipped.

2)      Added the following features for the Restaurant package:

a.       Seat names can be appended to the table name.

b.      Added a Pay By Split Payments button to the Update Sale dialog, to
speed up payment processing when closing out tables.

c.       Staff Cash Out dialog to help staff calculate their cash & cc
totals - and tips - and warns if they have open tables (Sales / Staff Cash
Out).

d.      Searching for a table will display the set of tables (within 3 hours
of the most current one), If there are more than one.

e.      Fractional splits of items.  A retail wine bottle cannot be split,
but TH bottles or BTG and other items can be.

3)      Added a Sales Accounting Report to help with moving data into Sage
or Quickbooks.  This feature is only available for multi-terminal licenses.

4)      Added a Sales Custom Report to be able to generate reports for sets
of sale categories or sale/wine items.  This feature is only available for
LCBO or Restaurant packages.

5)      IPad additions:

a.       Added the booking feature

6)      Packing Slips.

a.       For LCBO packing slips with > 30 cases, user can select to have
pallet # added to the packing slip (creating multiple slips).

b.      Winery Info dialog has a Packing Slip Info. button to customize the
Received By signature area.  A custom signature can be added.

7)      In the LCBO Vendor Info, you can check a box to add the Supplier
Number to your LCBO invoices.

8)      Added View CSV and PDF to the Licensee Pricing and Library Wines
dialogs.

9)      Enabled Printing and Viewing of Promotional transactions.

10)   MAC specific changes

a.       Fixed a potential error (software hangs) that could happen when
manually backing up the database.

b.      Added more checking during Excel report generation to aid with the
newer macos sandboxing with Excel

11)   Gift Certificates

a.       Added a Folder button to the Gift Certificate Summary dialog, to be
able to quickly find the associated pdf.

b.      Allow gift certificate title and body to be customized.

12)   Fix Export and OOP invoices to show bottle info in the wine titles.

13)   Print partial payments on invoice receipts if there are any payments.

14)   Sales Rep Commission

a.       Add table to show unpaid transactions where commissions have not
been paid.

b.      Add date and deposit columns for more clarity.

15)   Tips & Cashback totals are shown in End of Day for LCBO and Restaurant
packages.

16)   Text wrap for page buttons that have really long titles.

17)   Other bug fixes and improvements.

Upcoming Additions;

1)      Add complexity to the Sales Accounting reports, with the potential
of being able to post the data to Sage and Quickbooks

2)      Import/Export.  a) handle Sale Groups and Sale Sets.  b) Bulk
inventory

3)      Be able to create sub-invoices or invoice sets for large sales done
through sales reps.

4)      Offer a backup service to store encrypted backups of your database
on my server.

5)      Ability to create barcodes or QR codes for membership contacts that
can be scanned from a smart phone.  That way membership swipe cards are not
needed.

6)      Create an iPhone app that supports the booking feature.

7)      Add a timesheet feature to track/report employee work hours

8)      Be able to Print bookings by the week/month.

9)      Add secondary commission rate for specific sales channels (eg
Export, or OOP).

10)   Add a Loyalty program to award points/discounts/stuff to individuals
based on their purchases over the past number of month/weeks.

I expect the next update to be in April when the next winery reporting
template becomes available.

As always, if there are any enhancements that you would like to see added,
let me know.  I put everything suggested on a prioritized list, and slowly
work my way through it.

Cheers,

Rob