WineryPOS Update (4.86) available

Robert Peck robert at sugarbushvineyards.ca
Tue Apr 25 10:48:37 EDT 2023

Version 4.86 is now available for download and the new iPad version is
available in the Apple App Store.

This update will download Winery Reporting template V26.6 that will be used
for April/2023 reporting on.

UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS

1.       To check for updates select Help/Check for Updates from the menu
bar, and the download will begin.
On base and sales terminals (or a Remote Terminal in Temporary Sales Mode)
you have to be in admin mode (press F12) to be able to check for updates.

2.       When the download completes, select 'Yes' to start the installation

Follow the installer directions.
You can now restart the WineryPOS application.

     It is better to update your base terminal first.  You can leave your
remote terminal(s) running and connected while you update the base terminal.

     If you have anti-virus software running, you may need to verify that
the WineryPOS application is still being allowed through the anti-virus
firewall.

     If your remote terminal does not automatically pull the update from the
base terminal, and goes into Temporary Sales mode on start-up, just check
for updates on the remote terminal while in Temporary Sales mode.

END OF UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS

I retired from my other engineering activities in early March, so I am now
solely working for my vineyard & winery.  I now have more time available to
provide support and work on the POS software.  There have been a few
features that I have wanted to add to the POS for the past number of years,
but have not had the time.  I expect those features to be incorporated
within the next number of POS releases (see below).

Updates (from 4.84) in this version:

1)      Winery Reporting template V26.6.  Note: The LCBO has been releasing
virtually untested reporting templates (eg V26.4 and V26.5) - that have had
major issues.  The current template (V26.6) still has an issue on the VQA
Licensee sheet - where is takes 2.5 seconds each time you perform any data
entry on the sheet.

I have changed the reporting dialog (on Windows only) to show each sheet
being updated.  I will update the MAC version for the next release to show
each sheet.

Be prepared for long wait times (3-5 minutes) for the POS to generate the
report due to how slow the current template is.

I am working with the LCBO team that creates and modifies the template - so
hopefully the next template is faster.

2)      Restaurant Package upgrades

a.       Pressing sales channel table map button allows a transaction to be
created or items added to it - without having to have items already
selected.

b.      Split sale creates a split immediately.  You no longer pick how many
splits you want.  For multiple splits simply press the Split Sale button
multiple times.

c.       Other minor changes

3)      Excise tax calculation updated for April/2023 reporting on (now
0.702$/L on wine >= 7% and 0.337$/L on wine < 7%)

4)      Fixed Licensee discount calculation and display of discount.  The
discount was being show with tax, and now is consistent and being show
without tax.

5)      Add ability to manually crystallize a transaction.

a.       In semi-integrated mode with merchant terminals all transactions
processed by a merchant terminal are crystallized (this is not new)

b.      Now you can manually crystallize any paid transactions by pressing
the 'Crystallize Transaction' button when viewing the transaction.

6)      Fix an error when voiding a transaction containing a discount.

7)      Fix an error.   Tips/cashbacks are no longer added to statement of
account payments.

8)      Add a date to Find and Replace VQA number dialog.  You can now just
update from a specific date forward In time.

9)      Added an Excise Tax column to the bottle inventory dialog to be able
to quickly determine which wines are excise exempt and which have excise
tax.

10)   Added a Reset Excise Tax to bottle inventory.  This will allow you to
fix/re-calculate bottle inventory AND bottle sales if you have made a
mistake for Excise Exempt for a bottle in inventory.

This dialog allows you to perform the changes from a specific date forward
in time as well.

11)   Changed how the Resynchronize Bottle Inventory works.  There is a lot
more flexibility when recalculating bottle inventory.  See the notes in the
dialog.

12)   Allow bottles sold to be overridden when adding new bottles to
inventory.

13)   Allow ANY bottle from inventory to be removed (and then you can re-add
- or re-calculate if necessary)

14)   Underlying infrastructure changes to speed up message passing between
base and remote terminals.

15)   Fixed custom payments showing when More button pressed on iPad.

16)   Other misc changes.

Upcoming Additions:

1)      Adding a new package that supports multiple locations for retail
stores.  This will allow wineries with special licenses that can have
multiple store fronts to have a primary and secondary base terminal that
sync their sales.

2)      Add export/posting to Sage/Quickbooks.  This feature will come with
a cost (600$/year) due to the expected support to keep it up-to-date with
Sage and Quickbooks updates.

3)      Add a Loyalty program to award points/discounts/stuff to individuals
based on their purchases over the past number of month/weeks.

4)      Add a timesheet feature to track/report employee work hours

5)      Ability to crystallize all transactions before a specific date and
not allow any transactions to be created prior to that date.

6)      Adding a table to the database to track reporting fees.  This is to
counteract the time it now takes to generate monthly reports and speed up
the process of generating reports that use the fees from the monthly
reporting.

7)      Enhancements to the Wine Club feature.

8)      Add a configurable Region to the information for Contacts and allow
reports to be generated for regions (e.g., GTA/Ottawa/etc)

9)      Add Credit-on-Account tables to all of the relevant reports

10)   Import/Export.  a) handle Sale Groups and Sale Sets.  b) Bulk
inventory

11)   Be able to create sub-invoices or invoice sets for large sales done
through sales reps.

12)   Offer a backup service to store encrypted backups of your database on
my server.

13)   Ability to create barcodes or QR codes for membership contacts that
can be scanned from a smart phone.  That way membership swipe cards are not
needed.

14)   Create an iPhone app that supports the booking feature.

15)   Be able to Print bookings by the week/month.

16)   Add secondary commission rate for specific sales channels (eg Export,
or OOP).

17)   Add Shopify/WooCommerce inter-connectivity support.

18)   I will be moving the Windows build to a 64bit build (the MAC build has
always been 64bit)

As always, if there are any enhancements that you would like to see added,
let me know.  I put everything suggested on a prioritized list, and slowly
work my way through it.

I expect to have the next software update towards the end of May addressing
items #1/5/6, and another release towards the summer with items #2/7/10

Cheers,

Rob