WineryPOS Update (4.89) available

Robert Peck robert at sugarbushvineyards.ca
Fri Jun 16 09:26:03 EDT 2023

Version 4.89 is now available for download and the new iPad version is
available in the Apple App Store.

This update will download another revised Winery Reporting template V26.6
(version 3 - if you are counting) that will be used for April/2023 reporting
on.

UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS

1.       To check for updates select Help/Check for Updates from the menu
bar, and the download will begin.
On base and sales terminals (or a Remote Terminal in Temporary Sales Mode)
you have to be in admin mode (press F12) to be able to check for updates.

2.       When the download completes, select 'Yes' to start the installation

Follow the installer directions.
You can now restart the WineryPOS application.

     It is better to update your base terminal first.  You can leave your
remote terminal(s) running and connected while you update the base terminal.

     If you have anti-virus software running, you may need to verify that
the WineryPOS application is still being allowed through the anti-virus
firewall.

     If your remote terminal does not automatically pull the update from the
base terminal, and goes into Temporary Sales mode on start-up, just check
for updates on the remote terminal while in Temporary Sales mode.

END OF UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS

Updates (from 4.87) in this version:

1)      A revised Winery Reporting template V26.6, which fixes an error in
their Minimum Retail Price calculation.

There was an formula error that incorrectly calculated the MRP depending on
the container size.  Specifically for 355 ml containers, the old MRP
calculation resulted in a MRP that was 40 cents higher than a 375ml
container - and would generate MRP errors in the sheet that were incorrect.

2)      The Tour Company tracking will now allow auto-tipping to be added
when you create a tour company transaction.

3)      Various changes on the iPad involving semi-integration to try to
improve connectivity to the merchant terminals.

NOTE: Semi-integration with Moneris will no longer be updated.  I will no
longer be providing support for Moneris semi-integration.  Semi-integration
will continue to function, but will deteriorate as Moneris changes the s/w
on their terminals.  This is due to lack of communication (basically none)
from Moneris.  For those of you using moneris semi-integration I will send
out contact information for Shane Free for Elavon/Paystone.

Obviously, the continued issues dealing with the LCBO and errors in their
excel reporting template has delayed planned additions to the POS s/w.  I am
hopeful that next week, I will be back to POS improvements.

Upcoming Additions:

1)      Adding a new package that supports multiple locations for retail
stores.  This will allow wineries with special licenses that can have
multiple store fronts to have a primary and secondary base terminal that
sync their sales.

2)      Add export/posting to Sage/Quickbooks.  This feature will come with
a cost (600$/year) due to the expected support to keep it up-to-date with
Sage and Quickbooks updates.

3)      Add a Loyalty program to award points/discounts/stuff to individuals
based on their purchases over the past number of month/weeks.

4)      Add a timesheet feature to track/report employee work hours

5)      Ability to crystallize all transactions before a specific date and
not allow any transactions to be created prior to that date.

6)      Enhancements to the Wine Club feature.

7)      Add a configurable Region to the information for Contacts and allow
reports to be generated for regions (e.g., GTA/Ottawa/etc)

8)      Add Credit-on-Account tables to all of the relevant reports

9)      Import/Export.  a) handle Sale Groups and Sale Sets.  b) Bulk
inventory

10)   Be able to create sub-invoices or invoice sets for large sales done
through sales reps.

11)   Offer a backup service to store encrypted backups of your database on
my server.

12)   Ability to create barcodes or QR codes for membership contacts that
can be scanned from a smart phone.  That way membership swipe cards are not
needed.

13)   Create an iPhone app that supports the booking feature.

14)   Be able to Print bookings by the week/month.

15)   Add secondary commission rate for specific sales channels (eg Export,
or OOP).

16)   Add Shopify/WooCommerce inter-connectivity support.

17)   I will be moving the Windows build to a 64bit build (the MAC build has
always been 64bit)

As always, if there are any enhancements that you would like to see added,
let me know.  I put everything suggested on a prioritized list, and slowly
work my way through it.

I am now able to configure my server to allow pre-releases to wineries for
MAC and Windows PC updates.  This is only an option for wineries not running
with iPads.

Cheers,

Rob